EVENTS IN ROME
LA PRIMA DOMENICA DEL MESE INGRESSO GRATUITO NEI MUSEI STATALI IN TUTTA ITALIA
The first Sunday of the month free admission to state museums throughout Italy strong>. See also: strong> p>
Every first Sunday of the month, the places of state culture (museums, galleries, archaeological excavations, parks and monumental gardens) are free admission for all categories of visitors. Â
Before making the visit, it is always advisable to call the museum to verify its opening. Â
Admission free does not always include a visit to the exhibitions in progress for which the special tariff may remain in place.
IS?? the first application of the Franceschini decree , in force from July 1, 2014, which establishes that every first Sunday of the month will not pay the ticket to visit monuments, museums, galleries, archaeological excavations, parks and monumental gardens of the State.
Before making the visit, we recommend that you call the museum office to make sure it is open at the Press Office MiBACT
Tel. 06.67232261 / 2
LIST OF STATE CULTURE PLACES IN ALL ITALY strong>
- Colosseum and Roman Forum / Palatine ( contingent entry em>)
- em> National Roman Museum (Palazzo Massimo, Palazzo Altemps, Crypta Balbi, Baths of Diocletian)
- Galleria Borghese ( always mandatory booking em>)
National Etruscan Museum of Villa Giulia
- National Gallery of Modern Art
- Boncompagni Ludovisi Museum
- Museo HC Andersen
- National Gallery of Ancient Art Palazzo Barberini
- National Gallery of Ancient Art Palazzo Corsini
- Galleria Spada
- National Museum of Palazzo Venezia
- National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo ( > contingent entry em>)
- National Museum of Oriental Art "G. Tucci"
- National Museum of Prehistory Ethnography "L. Pigorini"
- National Museum of Popular Arts and Traditions
- National Museum of the Early Middle Ages
- National Museum of Musical Instruments
- Baths of Caracalla
- Mausoleum of Cecilia Metella
- Villa dei Quintili
- Santa Maria Nova on the Appia Antica < br> - Villa of Livia at Prima Porta
- Area archeologica di Veio
- Excavations of Ostia Antica
- Museo Ostiense
- Castle of Giulio II
- Area archeologica of the Port of Traiano < br> - Villa Adriana in Tivoli
- Villa d'Este in Tivoli
Instead, the MAXXI will remain with the usual entrance ticket strong>. A visit to the site of the Domus Aurea will also be subject to payment.
See also: strong> p>